Leadership Dinner with General Paul Nakasone, U.S. Army
Join INSA for a Leadership Dinner with General Paul Nakasone, Commander, U.S. Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM); Director, National Security Agency (NSA); and Chief, Central Security Service, at the Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner on Thursday, August 9, 2018.
Richard Ledgett, Moderator
The evening will feature remarks from General Nakasone regarding the significance of elevating USCYBERCOM to full combatant command status, the unique roles of NSA and USCYBERCOM and their respective workforces in protecting our nation. He will also address the synergy among NSA, USCYBERCOM, and the rest of the intelligence and national security communities, and the evolution of intelligence in the digital age. Following dinner, General Nakasone will expand on his prepared remarks in a conversation with moderator Richard Ledgett, former NSA deputy director, which will include questions from the audience.
Highlights will include:
- General Nakasone’s vision for NSA/CSS and USCYBERCOM at this critical juncture
- The evolving nature of warfare and the emergence of significant cyber threats
- The demand for increased transparency about the missions and effectiveness of NSA/CSS and the IC writ large
- The challenges of keeping pace with rapidly changing communications technologies
- The importance of meaningful, respectful public-private partnerships
- The criticality of foreign partnerships
- The relationship between USCYBERCOM and NSA
- The skills and agility of the NSA/CSS/USCYBERCOM workforce and the challenges to its sustainment.
Registration & Welcome Reception: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Program & Dinner: 7:30 PM- 9:30 PM